Times have changed and how! At the beginning of the 20th century, when businesses used to think of marketing, all that sprang up in the minds of marketers was television and radio commercials, giant billboards, and print advertising (newspaper, magazines, business directories).
Those were the days when the internet was still in its infancy, but it didn’t take long for an infant to grow into a giant marketing platform. As of today, nearly 4.57 billion people are active internet users, encompassing 59 percent of the global population.
These mind-boggling statistics are enough to make you consider using the best digital marketing tools to boost your business. Today, digital marketing plays a pivotal role in connecting brands to their target audiences and in turn, generating successful marketing leads.
Why Do You Need To Use The Best Digital Marketing Tools?
I’m a big fan of using great digital marketing tools because, when such tools are used in the right way, you can grow your business and zoom past the competition.
Digital marketing tools are a crucial component of the marketing strategy of any business looking to advertise and promote itself. These tools can:
- Help you execute a proper online marketing strategy
- Optimize conversion rates
- Help you get more leads
- Connect you to your target audience and help you analyze their buying habits
- Help you reach more customers, get better ROIs as compared to traditional marketing methods
- Track responses to your marketing efforts
- Help you reach a global marketplace
Top Digital Marketing Tools To Catapult Your Business To Greater Heights
You no doubt want to scale your business quickly. However, with the number of online marketing tools available today, it can be difficult to know where to start. So, I’ll make your task a tad bit easier by giving you an overview of 6 best online marketing tools to use to boost traffic and conversions:
1. SEMrush (All In One Marketing Toolkit)
SEMrush is one of the most popular, all-in-one digital marketing tools that gives marketers the opportunity of improving their SEO strategies. This tool conducts keyword research, tracks the keyword strategy of your competitors, runs an SEO audit of your blog, identifies backlink opportunities, and a lot more.
Marketers can also use SEMrush to perform a detailed technical SEO audit. At ProofHub, we use this tool to outrank our competitors in search engines for competitive keywords and check how they are using SEM and SEO.
SEMrush can help you with the following:
- Auditing your site to identify and resolve issues with your website
- Tracking the position of your website on search engines for selected keywords
- Conducting deep-link analysis of your website as well as that of your competitors
- Analyzing Google organic and paid search results
- Generating leads, prospecting, managing campaigns, and reporting
2. ProofHub (Project Management)
ProofHub is a feature-rich project management tool and team collaboration tool that allows marketing managers to keep track of all tasks and projects from a single platform. This all-in-one software features amongst the best online marketing tools to boost your business and eliminates the need to use multiple tools to manage tasks, communicate, and collaborate.
From using online proofing to review, proof, and approve files in one place, to creating task dependencies on Gantt charts and visualizing their progress through multiple stages on Kanban Boards, ProofHub brings your digital marketing teams together and makes everyone accountable for their performance.
Its time tracking software allows you to set time estimates, track time manually or by using timers, and create time reports in one place. You can start quick conversations, organize your files, and manage schedules in one place.
Unlike many other project management software, you don’t have to pay a per-user fee. ProofHub offers “flat-price” plans, which means you can onboard additional members without paying any extra cost.
ProofHub can help you:
- Save time wasted in using multiple tools like proofing tools, gantt charts, kanban boards, chat software and so on
- Simplify complex project management
- Improve team collaboration
- Track the progress of a project
- Communicate instantly
- Save money with no per-user fee
- Ensure clear distribution of work
3. EasySendy (Email Marketing Software)
EasySendy is an all-in-one email marketing solution that allows you to carry all your various marketing channels together and accelerate traffic, a higher conversion rate, and better ROI for online geeks, marketers, small businesses, and startups. In addition, you can easily design email templates for your campaigns.
This is an affordable and easy-to-use tool that will boost your business performance by improving sales, open, and click-through rates. With the help of different SMTP relays, you can reach out to bulk audiences effectively.
Easysendy can help you:
- Create and embed the email list form without any worries
- Create customizable email list pages easily
- Design email template with drag and drop editor
- Build effective email drip campaigns
- Email segmentation and automation
- Create a/B testing by optin an opt-out method
4. HubSpot (Inbound marketing and Sales software)
HubSpot is a marketing, sales, and service software for all things inbound. HubSpot has a range of tools for digital marketers to increase website traffic, convert website visitors into leads, and deliver a measurable ROI.
HubSpot’s products aim to provide tools for search engine optimization, social media marketing, web analytics, and content management. Businesses can use a range of tools offered by this software for marketing, sales, and customer relationship management.
HubSpot can help you:
- Simplify inbound marketing significantly by providing all the tools you need in one place
- Schedule social media posts ahead of time
- Boost lead tracking and conversions
- Track keywords and improve your site’s ranking
- Achieve improved customer relationship management
- Gather the most important metrics to guide your marketing
5. Hootsuite (Social Media Management Software)
Hootsuite is a social media management software that enables businesses to store, schedule, and implement results-driven social media marketing strategies on a variety of platforms. You can unite your social campaigns, schedule and publish content on the right channels at the right time.
The tool can help you track the performance of your social media content, track public conversations about your brand, calculate ROI and conversions, identify and grow your audience and much more. The Hootsuite social media dashboard has tabs to manage multiple social media profiles simultaneously. Additionally, Hootsuite’s open platform integrates with platforms you already use.
Hootsuite can help you:
- View and manage all you social media content in a single collaborative calendar
- Create engaging posts for every social network
- Maintain your social media presence 24/7
- Engage with customers across public and private social channels in one place
- Save time and improve response quality with a shared library of on-brand social content and assets
- Generate insightful social media analytics reports
6. Ahrefs (SEO Software)
Ahrefs is a comprehensive SEO toolset with free learning material. This software can help you drive more organic traffic to your website, and has data for more than 150 million keywords in the U.S., and even more keyword data for 150 other countries.
Ahrefs lets you check who’s linking to your competitors, what their top pages are, and more. Digital marketers get detailed and in-depth data to make strategic decisions. This tool constantly impresses me with its robust features.
Ahrefs can help you:
- Optimize your website with the help of a site audit
- Analyze your competitors with the Site Explorer tool
- Find out what your customers are searching for with the Keywords Explorer tool
- Get valuable inputs from your industry’s best performing content
- Track your ranking progress
- See the amount of traffic going to competitors’ sites
Bonus tool: Canva
Visual marketing has become one of the most crucial aspects of digital marketing over the last couple of years. Canva allows you to create beautiful, stunning images with easy drag-and-drop technology. Users can choose from one of their countless templates or select a bank design sized for the platform of your choice.
You don’t have to be an experienced designer to use Canva. You can easily use this tool to create the exact image you have visualized using its vast image collection. You can also customize the branding section, so you can have the color, fonts, and logos of your choice.
Canva can help you with:
- Stock images and illustrations
- Vast selection of images, fonts, and templates
- Strategizing social media schedules
- Can be used by both non-designers and professionals
- Reliable and easy-to-use tool
Bonus tool: Omnisend
Omnisend is an email automation tool that allows user to add multiple channel to their workflow. Be it sending beautifully crafted email campaigns, messages to your customer’s phone, updating your customers through Facebook Messenger, or a push notification to your customer’s browser – Omnisend does it all. This tool also allows you to customize and personalize your campaigns to suit for each part of your customer’s journey with your business.
The above list is a small subset of the best online marketing tools available in the market that you can use to boost your business in 2020. The key to choosing the best tools is to figure out which ones align best with your marketing strategy, company structure, and ultimate goals.
Vartika Kashyap is the CMO at ProofHub – a simple project management tool and a powerful Asana alternative. This Asana alternative not only simplifies project management but also aims to increase team productivity with quick team collaboration. Vartika likes to write about productivity, team building, work culture, leadership, entrepreneurship among others and contributing to a better workplace is what makes her click.